Duration of Study:
• Four years
• 140 hours
• All courses are conducted in English
The faculty grants students a bachelor’s degree in the following fields:
• Public Relations and Advertising
• Radio and Television
• Electronic Publishing
WHY JOIN MASS COMMUNICATION AND PUBLIC RELATIONS?
The faculty of Mass Communication and Public Relations at NUB endeavors to achieve a new contemporary media model that combines general and specialized knowledge, alongside technological and cognitive skills.
To guarantee the success of this formula, the faculty’s training processes comply to a system of modern moral and pedagogical principles spanning
• Lab preparations
• Media production
The Faculty has signed several cooperation protocols with a number of leading media organizations and media experts who oversee the work of students. As a result, students and the faculty gain advanced positions in national competitions and festivals.
The faculty provides local, regional and international media with qualified calibers in the fields of:
• Traditional Media: press, radio and TV, public relations and advertising.
• New Media: internet, e-publishing and integrated marketing communications.
The Faculty contributes to the reinforcement of Egyptian media at all local, Arab and international levels, through producing qualified cadres in professions and specializations of traditional and modern media means
The Faculty of Mass Communication and Public Relations represents a new model of modern media professional who combines general and specialized knowledge as well as skills of cognitive and technological capabilities, mastery of critical thinking and problem solving through media productions, laboratory installations and methods of electronic learning
• Preparing specialists in the field of mass media and supplying them with theoretical and practical fundamentals so as to be able to compete locally and internationally.
• Organizing specialized conferences and workshops to raise the scientific and educational levels of the specialized cadres.
• Holding scientific agreements with corresponding faculties, parties and institutions locally and internationally with the goal of exchanging students and faculty members, conducting scientific researches and exchanging knowledge and experience.
• Enhancing and developing students’ skills and capabilities in practicing media work.
• Training students in different media outlets and linking them to theoretical study.
• Applying international criteria in teaching mass media, gaining academic accreditation of the Faculty’s program, attracting brilliant students and recruiting distinguished faculty members to push the Faculty forward so as to be one of the most advanced mass media faculties
Conditions of acceptance:
The student shall be nominated for the faculty in accordance with the conditions and rules of admission established by the Council of Private Universities and the Council of the University.
The faculty accepts the following qualifications:
1- The general secondary school with its literary and scientific divisions or both, as set out in the internal regulations of the faculty.
2- Equivalent certificates provided that the medical examination proves the student’s eligibility to continue the study.
Transfer of student and his/her enrollment:
Students may be transferred to faculty from corresponding university or higher institutes provided that the minimum grade level is obtained in the year of graduation and is not inconsistent with the rules and regulations approved by the Council of the University and the Supreme Council of community and Private Universities.
Transfer from corresponding or non-corresponding faculty The student’s enrollment may be transferred to a faculty of corresponding or non-corresponding university faculties provided that it has the minimum total of the degree that the admission mechanism in the faculty has reached for the year of the general secondary school, its equivalent or the current year, whichever is the best for the student This is done with the approval of the Dean of the faculty, in which case the student is enrolled at the academic level that corresponds to the number of credit hours approved within his/her new school plan.